The latest treatment available for mild to moderate Ulcerative Colitis (UC) patients.
Description of TRUD™
TRUD™ was registered for sale in Europe in April 2013. TRUD™ comes in a box of 7 enema bottles, 1 bottle is to be used daily, for 28 days.
How does TRUD™ work ?
TRUD™ contains 2 different specific types of Sodium Hyaluronate (also known as Hyaluronic Acid, or HA) as well as a natural muco-adhesive agent that will ensure the adherence of Sodium Hyaluronate to the mucosa for a longer period, Sodium Hyaluronate has two very important properties which explains why TRUD™ has shown effectiveness in treating patients with mild to moderate UC. These properties are specific to the size and concentration of the Sodium Hyaluronate.
- TRUD facilitates mucosa healing : Low Molecular Weight HA (LMW HA)
- TRUD provides protective barrier : High Molecular Weight HA (HMW HA)
LMW HA – diffuses into interstitial space to promote EPITHELIAL RESTITUTION
- Reorganisation of the cycloskeleton to facilitate movement : FLATTENING & SPREADING
- Adjacent epithelial cells MIGRATION into the wound to cover the denuded area, thereby :
Facilitates epithelial cells PROLIFERATION to replenish the decreased cell pool
Promotes DIFFERENTIATION to maintain the numerous functional activities of the mucosal epithelium
HMW – forms protective coat on mucosa by :
- Providing HYDRATION, thereby ensuring viscosity of the mucus
- Acting as a barrier against toxins and bacterias
- Moderating the migration of leucocytes to limit the excessive inflammation
A graphical representation of how the 2 different Sodium Hyaluronates in TRUD™ work (click on the image to zoom)
Where to find TRUD™
Contact us for your local distributors.
Please click here to download the TRUD™ brochure.